- 01/16/2015 Project Ordinary Meetings
Gran Canaria (Spain) / 15th-16th January 2015Learn more All news & events
- 11/09/2014 News
Held in Halifax (Nova Scotia) - 4-6 November 2014Learn more All news & events
- 05/20/2014 News
Held in Bremen on 19th & 20th MayLearn more All news & events
WP4 – Engineering Specification for Chosen Platform Designs
WP4 is very closely linked to WP3: its aim is to validate the conceptual designs determined in WP3, as well as to provide the relevant engineering specifications related to these designs, according to the current state-of-the-art.
The objective is not to develop the engineering towards complete manufacture drawings but rather to obtain preliminary engineering design and simulations of the fully integrated multi-use offshore system concept, made of a modular platform with central unit and modules, satellite units, and with internal and external functional and structural connections.
At the end of WP4, the aim is thus to make possible the implementation of an independent third party verification of the overall design, and of the activities of WP5 (sound economic viability analysis) and WP6 (social and environmental impacts in the energy, transport, aquaculture and leisure sectors).
- WP1 – Project Management
- WP2 – Geographic and Module Benchmarking and Decision Methodology
- WP3 – Conceptual Design of Platform Components and Integration
- WP5 – Strategy: Economics, Infrastructure and Logistics
- WP6 – Environmental and Socio-Economic Impact, Legal Issues
- WP7 – Communication, Dissemination and Technology Transfer
- WP8 – Scientific and Technical Coordination