- 01/16/2015 Project Ordinary Meetings
Gran Canaria (Spain) / 15th-16th January 2015Learn more All news & events
- 11/09/2014 News
Held in Halifax (Nova Scotia) - 4-6 November 2014Learn more All news & events
- 05/20/2014 News
Held in Bremen on 19th & 20th MayLearn more All news & events
WP2 – Geographic and Module Benchmarking and Decision Methodology
WP2 first aims at defining a uniform methodology to be then applied for the selection of each of the potential uses / components (energy, aquaculture & fisheries, transport, leisure…) of the platform according to the different locations and specific resources concerned.
Once this methodology is selected, a characterisation and specifications phase will be implemented, notably including:
- Characterisation of the potential components through the collection of high level technical and techno-economical specifications, based on information on available technologies;
- Characterisation of the available resources, constraints (technical, environmental and socio-economic) and market potential for each component in the three targeted locations;
- A preliminary assessment of the technical and economic potential for each of the selected uses in targeted areas.
Finally, the objective will be to integrate all gathered information into a Geographic Information System (GIS) tool so as to obtain a pre-feasibility and first proof of concept of the system.
- WP1 – Project Management
- WP3 – Conceptual Design of Platform Components and Integration
- WP4 – Engineering Specification for Chosen Platform Designs
- WP5 – Strategy: Economics, Infrastructure and Logistics
- WP6 – Environmental and Socio-Economic Impact, Legal Issues
- WP7 – Communication, Dissemination and Technology Transfer
- WP8 – Scientific and Technical Coordination