On 27 November 2014, the Directorate General for Research and Innovation organised the second conference 'The Ocean of Tomorrow projects: what results so far?'
This conference was a unique opportunity to give visibility and showcase first results of ambitious multi-disciplinary projects with a focus on innovative technologies to support the development of sustainable maritime activities.
It explored complementarities and synergies with projects in such diverse sectors as maritime security, innovative sensors to monitor the marine environment, offshore aquaculture or offshore wind energy.
The conference included also a panel discussion with industry representatives and public authorities to debate Blue Growth, emerging opportunities and new challenges within the maritime space.
TROPOS was selected together with the other two Multi-Use Offshore Platform projects: H2OCEAN and MERMAID for this conference. Other relevant FP7 projects such as NeXoS, PERSEUS, LEANWIND or COCONET were presented.
- H2OCEAN Project: http://www.h2ocean-project.eu/
- MERMAID Project: http://www.mermaidproject.eu/
- NeXoS Project: http://www.nexosproject.eu/
- PERSEUS Project: http://www.perseus-fp7.eu/
- LEANWIND Project: http://www.leanwind.eu/
- COCONET Project: http://www.coconet-fp7.eu/
Multi-Use Offshore Platform - Green & Blue Concept in Crete - TROPOS Project